Top Ten Tuesday is a fun weekly link-up in the community where The Broke and the Bookish provides a prompt and other lovers of list making join in on it with their own top ten list. You can have less than 10 or more if you need to at times and put a spin on the topic if you need to! All they ask is that you link back to them if you’re participating.
My family generally asks for a list because it can be pretty dicey to guess. If you’re getting someone a gift you might as well try to get them something they actually want. Yes it’s the thought that counts, but it’s a little better if it’s something you actually want or need. Therefore we have a rule that you can’t buy anything for yourself starting December 1. For most people this ends on December 25, but my Dad and I have birthdays at the beginning of January so our buying ban continues until our birthdays are over.
Santa, hopefully you’ve got my back this year with the books. If I do get any books or bookish items for Christmas, I’ll be sure to let you guys know about them. If you’re still looking for a book to put under the tree, these link will take you to Amazon (online shopping has gotten ridiculously easy). My book wish list isn’t in any particular order. Here are my. . .
Top 10 Books I Wouldn’t Mind Santa Bringing This Year
2. Splintered by A.G. Howard – I desperately need to know what all the fuss is about. I woefully behind on reading some of the series that other book bloggers have read months or even years ago.
3. Snow Like Ashes by Sarah Raasch – Every time I pass this in a bookstore I have to stop myself from just buying it. Maybe Santa will bring it to me.
4. The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness – I MUST complete my collection! I’d love it if it were under the tree, but if I’m being honest I’ll end up buying it for myself if it’s not there.
5. Uganda Be Kidding Me by Chelsea Handler – I normally read her books right when they come out, but I’ve been reading so much lately that I completely missed it when it came out. I just recently noticed and had to shake my head at myself.
6. The Sleepwalker’s Guide to Dancing by Mira Jacob – I have multiple reasons for wanting to read this. Two of those reasons: I can’t dance and I sleep walk when I’m stressed out.
7. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey – This has been on my to-read for months and I think I’ll have to get it as an e-book. I’ve never seen it at a bookstore.
8. Billy and Me by Giovanna Fletcher – I’ve been dying to read this for more than a year now, but for some reason only think about it after I log out of Amazon. I’ve never seen it in a used bookstore and I don’t think I’ve looked for it at B&N. I should check that out.
9. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin – Yet another series that I missed the boat on. I’ll eventually rectify it.
10. Four by Veronica Roth – I’d really like a copy of this even though I haven’t managed to read the Divergent series yet. Maybe once my collection is complete I’ll suddenly going on a reading rampage and read all four books in quick succession.
Honorable Mentions: Because you can never have too many books.
- This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner – Why not? I know I pre-ordered a copy, but I’d give away the second copy if that happened.
- The Heart Does Not Grow Back by Fred Venturini – I think I’ll always be a sucker for a superhero story and this book is no exception.